1) What is the theme of your poem?
An open letter to the KKK, Neo-Nazi, and other white supremacists groups.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
I remember watching the Charlottesville rally on the news and I was painfully distraught by the hate from Neo-Nazi groups.
I thought of why this hatred is going and I wanted to question them why do they hate people of color, religion, sexuality or where they come from.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
All my life. I fall in love with poems when I was in elementary and I started to write in the 5th grade.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
If I could have dinner with one person, it would be Maya Angelou. I love her.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
I felt encouraged that my poem needs to be heard and I want the actor to use their strong voice to deliver like a message for the audience to hear.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
I wrote and adapted a play called White Mama. White Mama is based on novel by Robert Downs about an elderly white woman, Estelle Malone becomes a foster mother to an African American juvenile B.T. Williamson. I am currently putting it in production. I already started a gofundme page for the play to get started http://www.gofundme.com/whitemamafund. Also, I am currently writing stories and movies.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion in life is to inspire others, motivate people to erase hate and bring happiness and love into this world.
Performed by Matt Barnes