1) What is the theme of your poem?
The poem Morbid Deceiver was published on a book my friend Jeff Lowe and I wrote in 2014, “Ziggurat – The Age of Total Dominion,” and it is about the sad condition of slavery that humankind lives under the power of our class-divided society. Jeff wrote part of the first chapter of the book and came up with very intelligent suggestions I made use of along the novel.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
The poem is in line with the subject of the book. It is a trip inside our societies; kind of psychedelic journey some say. The class-divided society is a type of social cohabitation we need to overcome. It’s all about freedom and emancipation, yet not those liberties hypocritically postulated in our constitutions and laws. Freedom is not to be able to choose between A and B, freedom is to be able to reject that choice, as it is a prearranged choice.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
I’ve been writing poems for 40 years, I started when I was 14.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
I would have the pleasure to dine and sip a glass of good red wine with Mark Knopfler. I would like to share some musical ideas with him.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
Well, I thought it was good to have it on your blog.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
Apart from poems, some short stories and lyrics.
7) What is your passion in life?
My passion is languages in general and writing (English)
Performed by Val Cole