Matthew Toffolo: What is your novel about?
Polly White: It’s a crime novel about an overseas student who becomes a victim of sexual exploitation, set in Birmingham.
2. What genres would you say this story is in?
New Adult/ Thriller
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Diana Ross, Reach out and Touch
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
‘The Gift’ by Cecelia Ahern. I recently read this. Her story writing is compelling with a message about our time being the ultimate commodity for expressing love.
7. What motivated you to write this story?
Grooming and sexual exploitation have been hidden from the public for too long. That is in both the UK and the US. After continued news reports of organized gangs making victims of vulnerable girls, I wanted to raise awareness of their techniques in befriending for control. When one young person avoids exploitation, then my message is worth listening to. I’m empowering women to avoid unhealthy relationships.
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
My lost child.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
10. What influenced you to enter your story to get performed?
This is a marvellous collaboration between readers/ writers/ students /authors and film producers. Your audience is student-based, which is the book’s intended audience. Having the difficult assault scene read in a capable manner, made it appear authentic and gripping.
11. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Keep going and don’t forget to collaborate.
BUY on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/What-If-Go-Polly-White/dp/1625265255
Narrator: Kate Fenton
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.