HIGH CALORIE was the winner of BEST MUSIC at the July 2018 FAMILY FEEDBACK Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Prejudices about different people, internet addiction in virtual world and paradoxal behaviors of parents are the basic motives to make me shoot this film.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It lasted for 5 months
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Funny and emotional.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Budgeting problems and the bureaucracy of public institutions during shooting were the main obstacles of this film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt very very happy. Thanks a lot for most valuable feedback from the audience.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK of the Short Film:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
This film is based on a short story which I wrote it 10 years ago.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Life is Beautiful-La Vita e Bella
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I am so grateful to Filmfreeway, I met this amazing festival and other precious events by means of it.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Michael Jackson-Billie Jean
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I shot a short film named “A Ferry Tale” on February 2018. This film is based on a emotional true story I observed two years ago. It is about a dad with two autistic children in a ferry trip. It was officially selected 35 festivals and won 10 awards until July.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.
Reblogged this on .