1) What is the theme of your poem?
ANSWER: A brave man who fought even though he could never win.
2) What motivated you to write this poem?
ANSWER: It needed to be told how much this man achieved in his short life. And how he inspired others to try hard and to win.
3) How long have you been writing poetry?
ANSWER: About 14 years but from a slow start.
4) If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
ANSWER: The Dalai Lama would be my choice.
5) What influenced you to submit to have your poetry performed by a professional actor?
ANSWER: To me it was an excellent way to draw attention to a young man with DMD, in a wheelchair and who had the drive to solve Big Gun problems that go back to the 1960’s.
6) Do you write other works? scripts? Short Stories? Etc..?
ANSWER: Yes. A MG fantasy novel. A book of 75 poems.. A collection of short stories. Flash Fiction, and articles.
7) What is your passion in life?
ANSWER; To be the best in what I do.
Performed by Matt Barnes
Watch the Poetry Reading: