AINHOA was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the June 2018 EUROPEAN FEEDBACK Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Iván Sáinz-Pard: I had to make something about the terrible Global Financial Crisis and the collateral damage of the citizens. In Spain, the situation was awful and that have motivated me to tell the story of “Ainhoa”.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It was a very long trip, I needed 7 long years to organize and to find the money to do it.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
“Ainhoa is a story that, instead of trying to put children to sleep, tries to wake up the adults.”
Sorry, I needed some more words.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We had too many locations to shoot. And it’s always difficult to find/cast and then work with a 7 years old lead actor.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was very emotional. I was smiling all the video long.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK of the Short Film:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
I was imagine the beginning was about the World Revolution in our society. And the gestures and feelings of a small child. Sometimes, big problems could be fix with small solutions.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
“The Doors”. Directed by Oliver Stone.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Regrettably many short film festivals and the submission platform have been transformed, in too many cases, to be only a business and to make easy money with submissions fees and the delusion and hope that young people trying to be filmmakers. There are too many deficient short film festivals and fake festivals around. But that here is not the case. The WILDsound FEEDBACK Film Festival put the shorts with an audience and their feedback together and that is fantastic.
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
I love all the music of the 80! I am an oldies victim.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
My new Short is Tono Menor (minor Key) And I am hard trying to make a movie. Wish me luck!
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.