GF was awarded BEST FILM at the February 2018 Los Angeles FEEDBACK Film Festival.
Matthew Toffolo: What motivated you to make this film?
Hannah Suria: I wrote this film based on real experiences and after losing friends and trying to make new ones. I also really love romantic comedies and wanted to do something in that realm but focus on a different yet equally important type of relationship: female friendships.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It took about a year, on and off, to write, there were 5 days of principle photography, a couple days for pick up shots and editing took 3 or 4 weeks (although we wish we had more time!).
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Lighthearted comedy (or girl power!)
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle we faced were problems within the sound department which led to sound issues that were caught after it was too late
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was incredibly overwhelming, in the best way. It’s always great to hear what people say, good or bad. It only makes you better !
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. How did you come up with the idea for this short film?
It was based on real experiences, both mine of those of my friends!
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Any of the Star Wars movies
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think it’s a great platform that makes it easy for filmmakers and festivals to interact and connect more easily !
9. What song have you listened to the most times in your life?
Anything by Beyoncé
10. What is next for you? A new film?
My husband Ross (the director of GF) and I are about to start shooting a comedy web series.
Interviewer Matthew Toffolo is currently the CEO of the WILDsound FEEDBACK Film & Writing Festival. The festival that showcases 20-50 screenplay and story readings performed by professional actors every single month. And the FEEDBACK Monthly Festival held in downtown Toronto, and Los Angeles at least 3 times a month. Go to http://www.wildsoundfestival.com for more information and to submit your work to the festival.
Reblogged this on WILDsound Writing and Film Festival Review.
Reblogged this on Romance Film & Screenplay Festival – Submit your romance genre screenplay or short film and get it showcased at the FEEDBACK Film Festival.
Reblogged this on FESTIVAL for FAMILY.
Reblogged this on Comedy FESTIVAL.