Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Eduardo Ramirez: The screenplay is a romantic drama about a couple of men whose lives cross paths when they’re both at the lowest point in life. They develop a friendship, which eventually turns into something more.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The story explores a side of human relationships that is normally treated as a taboo: a romantic relationship between two men. In these times of increasing intolerance towards the LGBT community, it’s important to produce films that include these type of relationships to hopefully create a more positive view of them in our society.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Star Wars Episode IV (37 times)
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I worked on it for about 6 months but I have made changes since then.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have written several short stories. This is the first full length (feature film) screenplay I’ve written. I am currently working on three new short stories.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
‘Time After Time’ by Cyndi Lauper.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Lack of quiet time in which I can focus and write.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Being a film director.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
My overall experience with FilmFreeway is very positive. I really enjoy submitting material to festivals via their website.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I received an invitation. I was really excited after I read the initial feedback.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Logline: The lives of two men: An unsuccessful writer and a former mixed martial arts champion cross paths when they’re both at the lowest point in life. They develop a friendship that turns into something more.
Genre: LGBT Romance, Drama
Gloria – 5 – CASSANDRA GUTHRIE
Julia – 11 – ETHEL ABRAY
NARRATION – TED POWERS
Brian – 19 – JUSTIN DESOUZA
Helen – 11 – OLIVIA BARRETT