Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Renee Rubio: Freedom
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Action / Adventure, Drama, Dramedy
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
The vision is a television series to send a message of awareness in an entertaining way.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Braveheart, Gladiator and Everafter
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Ten to Fifteen at least
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Panama by Van Halen, Iris by The GooGoo Dolls, Dark Horse by Katie Perry
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
My husband’s debilitating stroke and my computer’s constant overheating. I’ve learn to type very fast 😉
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Roses and Skin Care
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I love it! Sending my work out there is so exciting. And to be able to appreciate the thoughts and artful expressions from others is fun!
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
It seemed like a festival that VIVA!! would be well received. The feedback was so spot- on and much needed. Sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees.
I thank you all again and again cause you’re awesome!
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A young, ambitious woman takes on the world of human trafficking to find her friend. Fearless and focused she infiltrates a global menagerie of evil. Her crusade against slavery becomes a fight for her own freedom and her life.
Dixie – JESSICA BOWMER
NARRATION – STEPHEN SANDQUIST
Jack – SARAH-HAZEN BASK
Gladys – JULIE SHEPPARD