Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Gail B. Robinson: A woman dies after giving birth to Identical twin girls. 32 years later they grow up to become beautiful, smart and successful women. This is one of many things that they have in common but will later find the horrific tragedy that had taken place in their bloodlines. Lies, deceit, and bad choices in men will have them cross paths and reveal their truth. He Tried to Kill Me…He Died!! Tells the story of… Secrets! 32 Years! Shocking Revelations! And their lives will never be the same!
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It starts off keeping you on edge and you will remain focus with all of the twist and turns throughout the movie.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Sparkle (The original version in 1976)
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Since 2015 and still do rewrites
7. How many stories have you written?
Two books and one screenplay.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the
most times in your life?)
Any song from “The Jackson 5”
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Having the time and rewrites/changes in the script.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Singing and enjoying life.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your
experiences working with the submission platform site?
It was very user friendly.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings
on the initial feedback you received?
I was contacted on Linkedin and I was intrigued. I was very excited on the feedback, it was great!
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Beautiful, smart and successful is what they have in common but will later find the horrific tragedy that had taken place in their bloodlines. Lies, deceit, and bad choices in men will have them cross paths and reveal their truth. He Tried to Kill Me…He Died!! Tells the story of… Secrets! 32 Years! Shocking Revelations! and Their lives will never be the same.
Genre: Family, Drama, Crime
911 – 4 – Stephanie Herrera
Lynn – 6 – Sarah Bedford
NARRATION – Brian Carleton
Man/James – 21 – Russell Batcher
Woman/Ann – 15 – Bree Ali
Officer Albert – 2 – Jolly Amaoko