Matthew Toffolo: What is your screenplay about?
Ash Willeby: Carole Franklin, in her fifth year of teaching, is getting bored of the everyday ins and outs. She tries different things to entertain herself- including getting kids to earn detention so she can see a live-version of her favorite movie: The Breakfast Club.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
It’s fun for people who love 80s movies. It’s fun for people who get bored at work. It’s fun for people who are tired of on-the-nose remakes that fall flat.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Probably Austin Powers, tbh (what a phase!)
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
Stories- hundreds. Screenplays- about a dozen or so.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Bowling for Soup is my band!
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
That wacky sense of humor doesn’t land with everyone. Just gotta find your audience.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Watching movies/TV, snuggling the pups, eating great food.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Usually quite easy to submit on FF.
Watch Screenplay Reading:
Logline: A bored high school Drama teacher manipulates her students into detention, so she can see a live version of her favorite movie- The Breakfast Club.
Woman: Justine Christensen
Man: Pierre Simpson
Narrator: Val Cole
Carole: Kat White
Lacy: Melie Rondeau
Coach: David Draper