DANCING RHYTHM LIFE, 4min., Australia, Music Video
Directed by Peter C. Downey
Dancing is the love of your life
dancing’s what’s helped you to survive
dancing is your meditation
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The love of music and how it saved my life, I’m not much of a dancer but love to dance when singing and enjoy seeing others dance to my music.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
One week for the film, but the music (instrumental) was composed over 5 years ago, only recently did I sing to it.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding my voice, my confidence in singing.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
About 15 years ago when I wasn’t getting anywhere working “normal” jobs and the artist in me needed expressing.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Countdown to Looking Glass
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I can’t think of anything, it was great to receive video feedback and recognition after so many years hard work.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
No problem, easy.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Hmm… Bangers and mash with gravy and caramelized onion (it’s an Aussie thing)
11. What is next for you? A new film?
More music videos for the music I write. And maybe a fun documentary on dogs.