FASTER, 5min., Russia, Music
Directed by Arina Rozova
The story is about a girl who is in the eternal pursuit of success and status. Work brings her money, sports – a beautiful body, parties – avoiding loneliness. Alcohol, drugs, strange men…All in a circle. Maybe it’s time to stop?
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Our current life is filled with haste and a desire to achieve everything as faster as possible. I made this film to show the meaninglessness of our existence.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took 1 year. The idea was born a long time ago before its implementation, it was necessary to collect the necessary information.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
All at once
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We planned a lot of locations and there was a time jump in the script, so we had to plan more days for filming and think over the image of the character in more detail.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was very nice, I even burst into tears, as people understood the main message of the film.
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
At the age of 15, when I wrote my first book. At that time I thought it was a book, later I was told that it was a good script and I directed all my attention to the cinema.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Woody Allen – “Annie Hall”
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I would like to have the opportunity to meet other finalists of the festival, as well as to be able to contact the judges of the film festival.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
The experience was great, I liked everything.
10. What is your favorite meal?
“Olivier” – salad
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Now I am preparing to shoot my thesis project. Filming will take place in the summer, it will be a 15-minute short film.