BONHEUR / HAPPY PLACE, 4min., Canada, Dance
Directed by Maxime Beauchamp
With the right people, a happy place is only relative.
Get to know Greer Whillans:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Greer: Maxime called Chanel and I up and asked us if we would like to collaborate because he had access to some equipment for an additional day and had an idea in mind. For me it was a ‘no brainer’, an opportunity to collaborate and to work together, that’s all I needed to be motivated.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Greer: very quick turn around. I think it was within a week or maybe two?<
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Greer: Uplifting, Relatable
4. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Greer: It was really lovely to hear the audience’s feedback about the film. Such kind words were shared and I loved hearing their perspectives, it brought me joy.
5. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Greer: The Sound of Music
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Greer: I’ve found it very easy to submit films through FilmFreeway and will continue to submit future projects through this platform.
7. What is your favorite meal?
Greer: Beef Brisket with scalloped potatoes and roasted veggies.
8. What is next for you? A new film?
Greer: I’m really looking forward to the winter holiday.