LEX: THE UNAUTHORIZED DOCUMENTARY, 18min., USA
Directed by Tom White
Billionaire, Lex Luthor, lives a life of controversy. But beneath the cold stare of a businessman is a futurist intent on leading humanity beyond their wildest dreams.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
– I had an actor who looked like Lex Luthor whenever he put on a suit. LOL Yeah, the idea that first came to me was that I had to do something with Lex while I had Trip Rumble’s attention because he was too perfect for the role.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
-Well, I outlined the story in May 2021 and Richard had the script ready by June. We were doing screentests and casting by late July– Then we started filming at the end of September and wrapping early October. Post took forever and we completed it in Spring of this year and premiered in September….. so the whole thing took about a year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
-COVID! Covid was always my problem for why I couldn’t have something. Whether it was casting or locations or a million other things, covid made it difficult. Because we had so many protocols to keep up with to stay safe and respect the space of locations that were willing to work with us.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
-Appreciation. For me, reactions from the audience are what’s so great about screening your film for a theater. I enjoy hearing how people connected to it or what was their favorite line.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
-Shortly into my first year of college.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
-Promotion! I appreciate anyone spreading the word and sharing my work.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
-Great. I only submit through FilmFreeway
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
-I have an experimental short about to enter the festival circuit– and I’m in the beginning stages of producing a sketch comedy show pilot thatI hope to start on early next year.