Liar-In-Chief: A Chronicle of the Trump Presidency Through the Eyes of An Outraged Graphic Artist, 82min., USA, Documentary
Directed by M Kaplan
A multi-award winning, often biting satirical documentary, using original still photo montages and short videos created by the director, chronicling the horrors of Trump’s presidency.
Get to know the filmmaker:
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Getting kicked off of Instagram without explanation or the ability to appeal, and losing the nearly 14,000 followers I had accumulated over 4+ years.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Trying to sift through the massive amount of work I had created over those years, and try to put it together into a compelling narrative.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Thrilled to see people I didn’t already know react to it honestly, having had a generally positive experience watching it.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Probably as a teenager, I first felt a desire to make a film, but never thought I had a story worth telling, or the technical ability.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Live screenings followed by talk backs.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Excellent, clear and simple.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Great Italian food.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
To continue to try to use whatever skills I have as an artist and a filmmaker to try to inspire people to be a force for good in this world.
Thank you so, so much for this great honor and recognition!
It truly means the world to me.