LAST DAY ON EARTH was the winner of BEST DRAMA FILM at the July 2022 ENVIRONMENTAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I did a solo trip to Washington for a 2 day trip to explore the forests of the Olympic Peninsula, never had I seen a more beautiful place. To my dismay, I discovered the stark contrast between life and death going from lush, green and dense forests so full of life, to immediately around the corner death and devastation, it completely broke my heart and made me angry at humanity. During this trip I later had a vivid vision of this old man making his way through this forest and coming across the deforestation and planting a seed. This experience was so vivid and moving, I felt called to find a way to bring this idea to life.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About one year
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Life & Death
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
I would say the biggest obstacle was myself, self doubt. I learned it wasn’t easy to have people I needed to help make it take me seriously. Not everyone has the same vision or passion as you.
So to stay motivated and encouraged to trust your heart that things will fall into place with persistence was a beautiful lesson learned.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was awesome hearing that the message I was trying to convey was understood and appreciated.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
The moment I had the vision for this film.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
A tie between the Butterfly Effect, and Titanic
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think you guys did a great job!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was great!
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I have some ideas for others! Stay tuned 🙂