HUNROS JORNA played to rave reviews at the June 2022 Experimental/Dance Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
It’s been a long time in the making, a lifetime in the living so to speak. Just as one of your audience commented, it’s a love letter to water at its heart. Kind of a thankyou to the positive role the ocean has played in our lives here.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Once we knew exactly what we were trying to achieve we worked on it pretty much full time for 6 months, but have been shooting & collecting for many years before that.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Making sure we said what we wanted to say in a way that felt right in our hearts.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It felt really special hearing different peoples takes on what was at the heart of the film, thanks to everyone who took the time.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
We’ve been making wave-riding punk surf cuts since we were little really.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably this one!
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Helping connect us with audience reach is really helpful.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It’s been so positive for us.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Avocado on toast
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Always working on something, a new ‘A Blaze Of Feather’ record first.