L’IVRESSE was the winner of BEST FASHION Film at the June 2022 EXPERIMENTAL/FASHION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I just love life, dance, music and wine, which is why this poem resonated so well within me. Being very visual, I wanted to translate its essence in images.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
This being an independently financed film, it took us one month to prepare, one day to shoot. The post production took two weeks.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Strength & contemplation
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Finding the right location for free
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Very pleased. We did this film just for the sake of it, with no expectations in particular. I’m humbled it resonated amongst so many people. And yet, the strength of this poem lies in its universal dimension. It’s a very accessible piece of literature which tackles a subject which resonates within all of us: living life at the fullest. I’m pleased if the images live up to the quality of the poem.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
December 2010, when my Father took me to creative director Jean Paul Goude’s exhibition at The Museum of decorative arts in Paris. I fell in love with filmmaking right then and there.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Tony Scott’s Man on Fire (2004)
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Honestly, everything has been incredibly well organized so far, bravo!
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
So far so good
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
New filmS (plural). It’s a passion. I’ll make films until I die.