PUT AWAY was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the June 2022 FEMALE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The world was in lockdown. So what could be worse than the isolation? I decided it was being sane in a mental hospital. THis is also proof of concept for a feature set in the same hospital. I’ve already written that.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About a year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The lockdowns. Everything had to filmed under strict CV19 protocols, and all the post had to be done remotely. Doable but slow and not easy.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Delighted that they’d appreciated all the effort made to deliver the nuances.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Probably aged about 12.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The Last of the Mohicans
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Making sure that the screening is the best it can be, and give us opportunities to network and meet future collaborators.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Really good, although it’s not always easy to tell if some festivals are kosher or just someone trying to make money out of film makers.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Anything with a good quality artisan cheese
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m in post on a short film commission and writing a historical podcast.