THE KEVORKIAN EFFECT was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the June 2022 CRIME/MYSTERY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
What motivation for this film came from a previous project a friend had pitched us about war and perspective. The film never went through but it sprouted this idea to focus on the psychological aspect of what a soldier goes through after a war. I think it’s interesting when we have these fantasy/dystopian elements because this can be our future.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The idea was fast but we filmed the project in 2019, and then covid hit. So we lost a lot of our momentum. In that process what took the longest was the CGI.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The CGI, our sfx person was and still is in very high demand. It took forever to finally coordinate the process.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was great!
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As a kid, we’d film all the time when we were bored.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Scott pilgrim vs The World
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I love to meet like minded filmmakers to inspire and encourage each other.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Overall I’d like to go to festivals with a lot of value. The festivals that give back and not just show your film.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Steak ribeye and potatoes!!!
11. What is next for you? A new film?
A Star Wars fan film! To say I’m excited is an understatement