AXIOMATA was the winner of BEST FILM at the April 2022 EXPERIMENTAL Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I was motivated by the Newton’s law themselves, when I realized that they really are universal. That the apply to ALL. We all are the same. Bodies in motion! And then I thought, how can my body experiment and understand these 3 laws.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I started to write on this project in august 2020 and I finished the film at the end of January 2022. The film length is around 20 minutes including credits.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Engaged & positive
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The pandemic and the sanitary restrictions did change a lot of things and demand a lot of reorganization, changing the cast, the schedule, the crew… Much more complicated…
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was: WOW!!! I never imagined how deep and precise the comments would be! And especially with the pandemic, all the screenings that I could not attend made the film some kind of an abstract dream… Unreal… So having the opportunity to listen to the reactions of the audience!!! What a gift for the artists. And, I listened it more than once to remember the parts that were more touching for the audience. It really is a big bonus for me as a director and choreographer.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was taking a walk in the woods with my dad that is a retired physic teacher, and we were just talking about Newton’s third law as we walked.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It might be Signing in the rain or Le Coup du parapluie
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
When the regular not online festivals are possible (before pandemic) an invitation (letter) for the screenings and a Q&A, an opportunity to give or attempt to a workshop or any pro meetings always help to obtain a grant to travel to be there presenting the film. Witch always gives a lot of impulse to pursuit the career.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It is very helpful to have just one platform for a lot of festivals. You put everything about the film there, and then, the post selection work that a moviemaker has to do is much easier because it is already done!
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, I am right now working on the link between scapular breathing and the space that it can bring in the mind and words. How can you liberate thong that were kind of erased by different social reasons? It’s working title is: The erased breath.