Watch the Winning Screenplay Reading.
1. What is your screenplay about?
The political parallels between Marie Antoinette and her husband Louis XVI, and Donald Trump and his wife Melania.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
Comedy, Political Satire/Parody
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
A movie short, because he who will not be named could run again in 2024.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938)
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
It took me about two weeks to write.
7. How many stories have you written?
Sixteen feature films, ten shorts, and two TV pilots. Another five features on the drawing board.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Keith Jarrett, Koln Concert, part 1.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Getting kicked off our joint computer by my wife.😀
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Family, Stanford sports, Los Angeles Dodgers
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What have been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Very, very easy to use.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
I liked the idea of a political festival. Seemed to be unique.
13. What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Obviously positive as it was selected. But even the one that was not selected, the feedback let me down easy; I appreciated that. Rejection may be a part of this business, but it is always a slightly bitter pill.