BLACK LOVE played to rave reviews at the March 2022 POLITICAL Film Festival
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My motivation came from my song called “Black Love”. Black love the song is about we as black people need to come together. Everything starts from the inside. So if we want change we have to create change from inside of ourselves. As humans we are creatures of habits.
We need to create good habits so we can eliminate bad ones. Black Love needs a face and not a dollar sign.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
To make this film it took me three months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Getting people that weren’t afraid to be on the film. A lot of people turned me down while I was asking them if they wanted to do an interview for the film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
The feedback was amazing. I understood what I need to do for my future films.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Last year. Plus it helps me push my music as well.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Keep doing this. I like that you all are concerned with what made me shoot this film. As well as giving timely feedback. The feedback videos are definitely needed to know how to gauge the proper audience.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Yes, it was an easy process.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I’m a vegan, so anything vegan.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
More films, more music, and continuous growth in my craft. I do have a new film in the works coming soon called “Ditch Day” so be on the lookout for it. Thank you all for this opportunity. It’s an honor.