CHAMELEONS is the 2022 Feature Film Winner at the Experimental/Dance/Music Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
When I was asked to make it in cooperation with the University for Music and Arts in Graz, Austria, I didn’t hesitate to do it. Because it’s all about music, and music is a very important part of my life. In everyone’s life I think.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
It took us three years to make it. It’s a low budget movie and therefore we had to take our time.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
It’s a ‘music film’.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The weren’t any obstacles, there were just good vibes during the whole production. The pandemics forced a delay in publishing it, that was kind of an obstacle.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt happy, because they all saw something beautiful in it. And that’s what it is all about. The beauty of teaching music.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As a matter of fact when I saw ‘Jaws’ as a 6 year old.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I think it is “Revenge of the Sith”.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think the most important element is that there are physical screenings at film festival.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
All in all it is a good tool. But there are so many festivals listed, that it’s hard to find the real serious ones.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m currently working on a documentary series for Austrian and German television. It tells the stories of castles and palaces in Austria.