THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the February 2022 HORROR Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
My co-producers Andrew Daugherty, Alyssa Limperis and I had been wanting to work on a project that made use of our individual skills–Alyssa as an actor, Andrew as a DP, and myself as a writer/director. Alyssa and I have backgrounds in comedy whereas Andrew specializes in horror, so we really wanted our project to be a blend of the two genres. Something that really spoke to all three of us was the theme of mental health and how we perceive it in our day-to-day lives.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
We started talking about the project conceptually in early August 2021 and had a final edit by November.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Tie between time and resources–the film was self-financed, so we made the production as bare bones as possible. Part of that was wearing a lot of hats ourselves, which was a challenge, given that we were all working on our *job* jobs simultaneously.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Relief! I’m glad no one said it was hot garbage!
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
As a teenager, when I realized that making films and TV was actually a job someone could have
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
End COVID so we can do stuff in person again
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Excellent, I love anything that fills out forms for me
10. What is your favorite meal?
Peanut m&ms and seltzer
11. What is next for you? A new film?
We recently wrapped editing a new horror short directed by my co-producer Andrew Daugherty. We’re also in pre-production on another short written by myself, both starring our other co-producer Alyssa Limperis.