1. What is your short story about?
My short story is about a cult cop who investigates ritual murders. A man under investigation blames his crime on a magic book written by a woman involved in Satanism and black magic.
2. What genre(s) would you say this story is in?
3. How would you describe this story in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
Dumb and Dumber with Jim Carrey. Him and Jeff Daniels would make a great comedic cult cop movie!
5. Do you remember the time in your life when you realized that you wanted to write?
My 4th-grade teacher encouraged students to write, and I loved writing and reading my stories to the class.
6. Do you have an all-time favorite novel?
Salem’s Lot, by Stephen King
7. What is your favorite meal?
Spaghetti with butter (no red sauce)
8. If you could have dinner with one person (dead or alive), who would that be?
Saint Theresa of Lisieux
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Movies, traveling, and photography.
10. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
The more you read and write, the better you’ll be.
Watch the Short Story Reading:
Performed by Val Cole
SYNOPSIS: Simon, a ritual crime police officer, must track down a magic book that is an open door to hell and contract with the devil.