SANTRA – A TALE OF INDIA was the winner of Best Cinematography at the December 2021 DOCUMENTARY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I love to travel and share culture and experience with others
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Too long! I started the editing process from scratch about 5 times over 3 years and finally finished it.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Creating the storyline
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was surprised at how consistent people mentioned how well the music was matched. This was something I tried very hard to get right.
Watch the Audience Feedback:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Since I watched Baraka
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Honestly not sure
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
This was my first year submitting into a festivcal so it feels like so much has been done already
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Yes it was great.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
A world travel film or a trip through the Stan in the middle East