LO LO LOVE played to rave reviews at the December 2021 ANIMATION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
You know when an idea arises in your head, which eventually develops into a plot. You have only one way out – to shoot a film))) In my case, animation.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
In early February, I started developing an idea. And already at the end of May I finished (May 18, to be exact). And that is almost 3 months (for a month for a minute of animation))))
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
As soon as I decided on the topic. I understand that I need to study a lot of materials – I watched a lot of anatomy videos (was it is important to understand how the characters will change with age). I studied psychology in particular – body language. Had to go through a lot of information to tell you that story)))
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Of course, this is always exciting. And this is a great opportunity to find out what people think about your work. I love your festival for providing filmmakers with audience feedback.
I would like to say to all the participants in the video – “Thank you so much !!!”. And the same huge thanks to you, the organizer of the festival !!!
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Actually, since childhood, I have been drawing and inventing various fantastic stories. Thanks to animation, I got the opportunity to realize my creative possibilities.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Guyver: The Dark Hero.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
You have a wide spectrum of what you are doing at the moment, which is hard for me to imagine what else can be done.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
One of the funniest of all is that on the FilmFreeway platform, I registered for the first time for a poster competition for one of the film festivals. Then I had no idea that over time I would send my animation to festivals.
For several years now I have been submitting films through FilmFreeway. Everything is very convenient and understandable. Large selection of festivals. I love this platform.
10. What is your favorite meal?
I still adhere to the principles of the Joey Tribbiani diet)))) “Everything is edible. inedible – pour ketchup))))”
11. What is next for you? A new film?
“WEB TATTOO. GOLDEN SKETCHBOOK” (title of a new short animated film)
I have been working on a new animation for 7 months (from the end of May). Even when I was finishing “Lo Lo Love” I already knew the theme of the next animation. At first I thought to do the same for about 3 minutes. However, after the first brainstorming sessions, which resulted in a new concept. I realized that 3 minutes is very little. This is a big story. A mix of Sci fi adventure genres, wester, parody of course. a large number of characters have already been added. As the name suggests, the animation will be associated with tattoos. This is an ancient art form that I could not ignore. I like tattoos. I myself have 10 tattoos. So this topic is not alien to me. I set a deadline for myself – June 1, 2022. If there are no force majeure, then I must have time to do it and settle it on time.