FULGIDUSEN was the winner of BEST FANTASY FILM at the January 2022 FANTASY/SCI-FI Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I did some test shootings with a new macro lens in the forest. In these shots I placed some figures, drawn by my friend Sylvain Merot. They looked incredibly cute in this environment. It was immediately clear I had to make a movie out of this.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I never expected it to take almost 8 years.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
A bit awkward listening to people talking about things in my head.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
After watching “Logan’s run”
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Your video reviews are already amazing. I am sorry, but I have no better suggestion.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I have no other experience, but it was very comfortable. It gives you a bit of an insight in an “industry of it’s own”.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Zwetschgenknödel. They are almost as good as they are hard to pronounce.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
We are currently working – and happily almost done – with the treatment for an eight episode season of Fulgidusen.