THE DARK HOBBY was the winner of BEST FEATURE FILM at the December 2021 ENVIRONMENTAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Going snorkeling in Hawaii after years and finding out that most of the fish were missing. Ther Bay was empty.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Covid delayed the marketplace.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Tremendous feedback, so positive, people are really moved by the film.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Early because my Grandfather and Father had theatres where I grew up backstage, and then they co-owned TV stations and founded a TV network, today known as Univision. About the year 2000, the digital age made it affordable.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Discussion panels about the film’s message.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
10. What is your favorite meal?
Mexican or Incian vegetarian food.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes, we are working on several, including one on “Cancel Cutlure.”