TOOTH FAIRIES IN QUARANTINE stars Barry Bostwick (The Rocky Horror Picture Show), and Yvonne Jung.
David’s website: http://www.brainstorm-inc.com
1. What motivated you to make this film?
As we entered into Covid lockdown at the start of the pandemic, I wanted to make a series of vignettes about what we were all going through. Talk shows were being done in bedrooms. Concerts in living rooms. Stand-up in bathrooms. But no one was doing scripted comedies. This was the first of several short films we did with an all-volunteer cast. Any money we raised was donated to the Actors Fund during Covid.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The idea for doing any kind of film happened on March 15th, 2020. I spoke to the actors, Barry Bostwick, Yvonne Jung and the writer, Kurt Fried. Kurt finished the script in just a few days. We shot it over zoom in about two hours. Editing took another week. We had it finished before April 15th.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We actually leaned into the obstacles. And turned them into an advantage. You would think having to do a film over zoom would be hard – but the truth is that Barry was in Florida, Yvonne was in California and I was in New Jersey.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Not being able to watch these films in front of an audience, hearing them react was very exciting. And one of your respondents was absolutely right: “Barry Bostwick IS a National Treasure.”
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
About five minutes into watching my very first film. I was a kid. My dad had an 8mm camera. When I was 6 years old, I snatched it from him and he never got it back.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Considering it has been running forever, most like THE WIZARD OF OZ.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Give me more money! 🙂
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Working over FilmFreeway has been a dream – it’s so easy!
10. What is your favorite meal?
Leg of lamb, thank you very much. Are you buying me dinner?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Right now working through festivals, publicizing my crowd fund at Seed and Spark. https://seedandspark.com/fund/viral-vignettes#story