TELENOVELA was the winner of BEST FASHION film at the December 2021 STYLE, FASHION, EXPERIMENTAL Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
The motivation came from a Galia Lahav branding brief, It talked about sending out a message of classic vs. contemporary and bring out the post-covid drama and livelihood – we tried to put that on a film 🙂
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
About 2 months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle was time itself since we had to face the launch of the collection and we started working really late.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Identification with my old self i think. I mean it has been so long since we came up with the ideas for this and now seeing people really connect, or getting the core of what we wanted to represent felt like a bless, and a reminder.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was young I actually grabbed video cameras for no reason whenever I could, but the realization came a long time after when I got into video editing and fell in love with that craft.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Pretty sure it’s Big Lebowski by the Cohn brothers but there are a few runner ups for that category.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
I think what happened so far was amazing and i have nothing else to add, the feedback video and all, it was great.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Excellent. Real smooth and straightforward.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Pizzaaaaaaaaaa for sure. any type.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Actually working on 2 self projects and also some more projects with Galia Lahav so it will be an interesting year.