GOODNIGHT BELLA was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the December 2021 WILDsound Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’ve always wanted to make films since I was in high school. Since covid put a pause on some of my work, it gave me a chance to write a story that I think is worth telling.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I wrote the storyline and screenplay in December 2020 and I shot and edited it from January-March.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The hardest would be locking down all the necessary locations.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was very heartwarming and reminded me why I wrote the story in the first place.
Watch the Audience Feedback Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Ever since I was in highschool making stupid videos with my friends.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
It would probably be “Howlings moving castle” by studio ghibli.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
It would be nice to see recordings of the audience as they are watching my film.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It’s been good. Everything was fast and easy.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Korean fried chicken.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I am currently writing a screenplay and hopefully shoot it by 2022.