WE ALL DIE ALONE was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the December 2021 LGBTQ+ Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Queer characters are typically absent from genre films by some of my favorite filmmakers, so i decided I wanted to make a fan film where said characters (who if they are present are side characters) and then allow these characters to fully hijack the narrative and then let it turn into something else entirely.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
The film was initially a 48-Hour Film that we made a few years ago, but the production quality and sound was prohibitive and we knew that version would never get into a film festival, so we decided to add a character and re-shoot it. So it took about three years but that was only because Covid put the brakes on filming for a year.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
I don’t think I can, haha. Mexican standoff?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Some of them were music to my ears.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Either Chinatown or Annie Hall.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Knowing that agents and managers have theirs on the film.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
It was fine.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Working right now on a full-length.