HELLO JULIE played to rave reviews at the November 2021 LA Feedback Film Festival.
What motivated you to make this film?
I experienced domestic violence through two of my best girl friends. As a lawyer, an artist and a man, I witnessed the injustice and lack of efficiency within the French judicial system and the climate of tension and fear during lockdown. Also, I noticed how, paradoxically, social media can put distance between people, and isolate them. It urged me to deliver this message about the global problem of domestic violence.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Love / Courage
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Being alone, facing my own fears and doubts, am I able to do a short movie? It’s my first movie , and I directed it, played in it, edited it, and composed the music.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Like Christmas day, opening my presents, so grateful and thankful! Once someone asked me why I wanted to be an artist, and my answer is still the same: convey and arouse emotions to people. And it’s what I saw in this beautiful video. Thank you.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
During quarantine. This short Movie came as a call for me. I realized it through meditation, and being alone during lockdown. The need to express myself, and say what I feel deep inside of me. Going over the fear, and the impostor syndrome, who am I to do my own movie? Putting my ego on the side .
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Spike Jonze movie: HER
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
That’s already a wonderful gift to have feedbacks !
Maybe more interactions with the festivals, the organizers, and others filmmakers.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
Pretty simple for a first timer like me, and Barefoot studio pictures helped me a lot! But not easy to select the festivals who could be the perfect fit for HELLO JULIE, but we managed pretty well.
10. What is your favorite meal?
11. What is next for you? A new film?
Few projects in France , as an actor (tv shows).
But I am writing ,and I think I’m gonna start a new short movie soon, my 3rd. After Hello Julie , I directed a second movie, in English this time, a satire comedy named: The Audition. It was delightful, I had so much fun, and once again I directed it, edited it, and played in it, the synopsis: If method acting was a religion, its most fervent disciple could be a French actor as he journeys to his first audition… in the City of Angels. However, I can feel the limits to do everything by my own, so maybe now i’m gonna start to think a little bit bigger, and maybe having some support.