DENISE & RAYMONDE was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the November 2021 TV Web Series Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I just wanted to talk about relationship challenges, either from a married or single point of view, but in light and fun ways.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
From the first day I saw and heard the two women at a bar in Los Angeles who inspired me to the idea of Denise & Raymonde, and the time we finished the three episodes, it took a little less than two years.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Fun and horrifying 😉
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We shot in Switzerland during Covid, so the crew on set was very limited. We were a total of eight people with the actors included, and our director, Nicolas Wendl, who was supposed to come to Switzerland got locked down in Los Angeles, so he had to direct the whole thing via Zoom with a nine-hour time difference.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It really made us smile. It was absolutely lovely to see that people connected to our show, even though it is in French. We are shooting five more episodes in December so to hear that they wanted more gave us a great boost 🙂
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I’ve always been a big fan of movies and the way movies were made. I also started writing stories from a young age, but being from a very small village in Switzerland I never thought that making movies could be an option for me. It’s only when I moved to the United States where I went back to school at the University of California Santa Barbara that I saw that this could be something I could do.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The Shawshank Redemption.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Considering the current health situation and restrictions, you guys and other festivals are doing an amazing job. My only question really is how would it be possible to get more exposure for us, independent filmmakers.
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
My experience has been pretty smooth and efficient.
10. What is your favorite meal?
It’s a meal that we call Raclette (a very typical Swiss meal). It’s a convivial meal where everybody melts pieces of cheese on a specific oven that you put in the middle of the dining table. You can add onions, pancetta, or anything you fancy on the top of the cheese, put it in the oven, and when the cheese is melted you scrape it on top of potatoes and eat. It sounds weird, but it’s delicious 😉
11. What is next for you? A new film?
We are shooting five more episodes of Denise & Raymonde in a few weeks, and I’m also currently producing a short animated film that I co-wrote. I’m polishing a feature-length script that I wrote for a Swiss production company, and I’m also writing two new screenplays (feature-length). One is an odd-couple comedy and the other is a horror film.