HAPPILY NEVER AFTER was voted BEST COMEDY FILM at the November 2021 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
What motivated me was my unease with the direction technology is taking. The initial idea for the film came to me when my Siri started commenting on the shows I was watching on TV.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
From the idea to the finished product took about six months.
3. How would you describe your film in two words!?
Paranoid and prescient.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Acting for the first time while also directing.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was so great to hear how people felt about this idea and that they really understood and emotionally connected to what I was trying to say. Also, I felt a lot of gratitude that they took the time to leave comments.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I wanted to make films while I was in high school.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Help me find an agent or a manager;).
9. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway. How has your experiences been working on the festival platform site?
I really like the ease of it. Makes life so much more efficient. Great idea.
10. What is your favorite meal?
Kelp noodles with mushroom sauce, or burritos with hot sauce.
11. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m working on a one woman show, TV pilot and another short film.