DYSTOPIA was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the October 2021 HORROR Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I wanted to talk about the philosophical doubts about the three laws of robotics which today are no longer science fiction, but pure science. Think about how technology, robots and robotic reality are part of our daily life.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
One year and three months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
A despotic philosophical tale.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
The biggest obstacle was to create a team that would allow me to make and finish my film.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I was very proud to have conveyed my ideas to an audience that did not know me.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
It is part of a cycle of 5 short films in which I talked about post-robotics, I thought it was essential to put it in the context.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Naked Lunch, a 1991 film directed by David Cronenberg.
8. What other elements of the festival experience can we and other festivals implement to satisfy you and help you further your filmmaking career?
Allowing these experimental cinema films to be promoted and shared with other festivals, giving the possibility of a greater confrontation with the public.
9. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is Bucatini Alla Carbonara
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I am working on various projects.