MEET YOU THROUGH THE LIGHT played to rave reviews at the October 2021 ROMANCE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
We all have a time that we got no courage to talk to a person we like. Instead of reach out to them, we will spend more time on using our own perspective to imagine about that person. I just want to make a film that talks about this kind of mood, a record of a little moment that we all have before.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
I will say it took me about 1 month to finished this short piece. I spent more time on looking for location, discuss with my actor and actress, and the whole post-production process. The whole filming process only cost me one afternoon.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
One of the biggest obstacle is , we were filming in public area, lots of people will walk around and make noise. So I need to use more time to record other environment sound to replace the original noisy background. I also need to avoid lots of people running around in front of camera when I was filming.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
I felt very exciting and happy when I saw people from other place watched my film and enjoy the film! I’m glad this film are able to be seen by more people.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was in elementary school, I like to use the digital camera from my house to record my friend and I playing different characters and did a short unprofessional drama in front of camera. At that time, I realize that I want to use motion picture to tell the story that I want to share with people.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
The film that I seen most is a Hong Kong film call “Infernal Affairs” from 2002. Martin Scorsese used to adapted it and made another film call “The Departed”. I really like the story idea about how the police and mafia both sent moles to each other’s group.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
FilmFreeway is a very good platform for filmmakers. It make us easier to find lots of different kind of film festival from worldwide, and it makes the submission easier.
9. What is next for you? A new film?
I just submit another romance film to the Romance Film & Screenplay Festival, wish that people will also like this new upcoming film. And now I’m working on a new film project now, it will be a big one.