1. What is your screenplay about?
It’s about a small random group who gets a chance at an interview for a sought-after position, and they must endure a long wait in a room where the test truly begins.”
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
It’s a Sci-Fi/Thriller Short Script.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Because it deals with a topic that most people can relate to, like the disastrous consequences of global warming on the environment and the future of the planet. Or else the fear of being unemployed and homeless. Who has never held an interview for a job in hopes of changing their lives forever? Then, because of its unexpected final twist.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
When Black Mirror meets Escape Game.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Stanley Kubrick’s 2001 Space Odyssey, a pure masterpiece!
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
About one month on the first draft. Much later on, further to the review of GIMX’s Writers’ group, I honed it and re-submitted it to contests.
7. How many stories have you written?
Beside The Grand Jury, a total of five. Three feature-length scripts: An Action/Thriller. A Sci-Fi/Fantasy Adventure. And, a Supernatural Thriller. A half-hour TV Comedy pilot aimed at a children’s program. And, a Historical Drama Short script.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Al Green’s Let’s Stay Together. It always puts me in a good mood. In these troubled times we need love and to stick together more than ever.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I don’t remember having met any.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I paint, hand-craft costume jewelry, and also sing the lead vocals in a Jazz band named Oh Happy Fiù, a pun on the Tahitian word “Fiu” roughly meaning Carpe Diem.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I am a long-standing Film Freeway happy user and I intend to keep on going with them.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
Being happy with all my previous experiences with Wildsound, I wanted to give another shot to the revised version of The Grand Jury. And I was right, considering the awesome feedback I received. Plus, its selection to the Festival. I can’t think of anything better.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A small random group gets a chance at an interview for a sought-after position and endures a long wait in a room where the test truly begins.
Narration: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Drew: Bill Poulin
Steve: Geoff Mays
Mary: Hannah Ehman
Kyoko: Kyana Teresa
Ageless Man – Sean Ballantyne