1. What is your screenplay about?
My screenplay is about two crooked pickers who are invited to appraise an old man’s antiques collection. Unbeknown to them their host is a deranged serial killer who has lured them to his lair to add them to his private collection.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
The screenplay is a horror.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
Although I have written the piece as a short, seven pages, I think there’s plenty of scope to expand on the concept to make it into a feature length script/movie.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
There are a few but I would have to say ALIEN. I feel it took the genre, at that time, to a whole new level.
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I have been working on Man Cave for a about a year. In that time, it has done well in competition reaching a couple of finals and earning a few awards.
7. How many stories have you written?
I have completed two full features, a half dozen shorts, over twenty partial written pieces at different stages, I’ am currently working on a pilot for a tv drama that I have pitched to the BBC’s writer room and have recently published one of my novels with another at the publisher awaiting release.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Again there are a few but I think KEEP THE FAITH – BON JOVI.
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
I think the biggest obstacle was realizing that screenplays are a lot more challenging to write than a novel.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
My main interest, away from my laptop, is horse riding. My wife and I run an equestrian facility and look after over twenty horses. It’s very fulfilling work, especially the equine assisted therapy courses we run for veterans and serving armed forces personnel, very humbling.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
So far, I have had no complaints about FILM FREEWAY, very good platform, especially for writers that are new to screenwriting.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
I liked the concept, it was different from the usual format and the feedback I received was fair.
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
Mike and Eddie are searching for antiques and they find one in Gordon, with his lifetime of collecting automobiles and old devices. It’s worth a fortune and they intend to scam him out of it, but Gordon has some plans of his own as he poisons them and adds them to his collection.
Narration: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Hank: Bill Poulin
Eddy: Geoff Mays
Mike: Sean Ballantyne
Reporter: Andu Camp