3 was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the September 2021 Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’ve always had a love for genre films, the intensity of battle royals concepts, and wanted to bring something new to it. 3 was also a milestone for me to stop into the director’s chair for the first time. There was a lot to put into practice, learn from, and prove.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make your film?
Total was around 1.5 years, with a heavy amount of time and work in post production.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Pulling off that concept in the constraints we had.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
A bit of disbelief, as I am my own worst critic on my works and continually seeking to improve, but a thankfulness and relief that audiences are receiving the film well.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
About mid way through what was then my novelist career, realizing that it was a possible path to follow. Always loved films so much, that I’d go to the cinemas alone, at any chance as a teenager, to see the latest films.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Tough one, but I’d say Young Guns 2, which I was obsessed with as an early teen.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Love Film Freeway. Clean, and being improved over time
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Multiple new films, and continual improvements.