THIRD DATE was the winner of BEST PERFORMANCES at the September 2021 COMEDY Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Actually, I’m in the graduate film program at USC, and it was part of an assignment. However, due to COVID restrictions, I knew casting and working under those protocols would be tricky. So I decided to write something that I could direct and star in myself to avoid the restrictions. So I wrote a character for myself, and this is the finished product.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this film?
Six weeks or so.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Definitely getting everything we needed in the short time we had to film and with our very limited resources. But filming is always a time crunch. This certainly was no different.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Slight embarrassment, but interested of course. That’s how I feel when people talk about my work.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was sixteen or so I began to realize that this may be what I wanted to do with my life. By the time I was 18 and a half, I knew for sure.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Spaceballs or Monty Python & The Holy Grail.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Well, it’s definitely the best platform in the space.
9. What is your favorite meal?
Almost any kind of pasta.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Yes. I’m finishing a film that I shot in June and starting a new web series that I’ll be acting in, directing, and writing. Gotta keep goin.