1. What is your screenplay about?
It is the young, unsuccessful Private Investigator Benjamin who is about to have his first big breakthrough. But soon an accident causes him to develop magnetic powers. All of a sudden, he can attract metal objects. He finds a way to use his power to save people in need, realizing that his relationship with Grace suffers from his powers.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
It is a mixture between science fiction, action and comedy.
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
To show how super powers can both make your life and career easier and harder. It also shows how underrated the phenomena of magnetism is, even though magnets are so ubiquitous. It combines the usual crime (parrot Watson, investigation, LAPD) with sci-fi (magnetic powers, new inventions) as well as comedy! It is a great addition to all the other superhero movies out there!
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Spiderman 1-3, Lord of the Rings
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
Two to three months (but with breaks for other projects)
7. How many stories have you written?
I’m almost finished with my fantasy novel “Dangerous Dreams” which I will soon be looking for agents for.
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Avril Lavigne’s “My Happy Ending”
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Since this was my first script, I had to struggle with how different action scenes are to write in script form as opposed to novel form.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Languages, filming, movies, juggling, being creative!
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
It is an incredibly easy tool for finding festivals!
12. What influenced you to enter the festival?
I found the website online and discovered how entering film festivals can actually be “fun”. I was surprised how many film festivals there are. Back then I only knew tiff and a couple others :).
Watch the Screenplay Reading:
A young private investigator has an accident that causes him to develop magnetic powers. He tries to use them for good, but there is one person on earth who knows about his powers and tries to stop him.
Narrator: Elizabeth Rose Morriss
Benjamin: Sean Ballantyne
Watson (Parrot): Hannah Ehman