SUONO was the winner of BEST SOUND & MUSIC at the August 2021 LA Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
-A personal experience of mine, when I was younger I was a baritone for the National Opera House in Cuba but lost my voice due to an infection from which I did not recover fully. After years of trying to go back to singing, I found out about Film School and changed my life.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
-Almost a year and a half from when I came up with the idea until I exported the final cut.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
– Sensitive, ethereal.
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
-Available time for the shooting.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
-Surreal, as an artist we believe that any art project we work on is special in its way even if it needs more polishing, but seeing people appreciate and notice some of the details that I wanted to express changes the way I see it now.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
– Since I was a kid I knew I would have loved to create stories for the big screen. So very early on.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
– The Lion King. La La Land.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings about the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
– It’s an amazing platform that allows the young filmmakers to exhibit their work to a huge audience.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
-I’m currently in the works of my second professional short film that would serve as a proof of concept for a future feature. But now is gonna be an ethereal crime thriller.