THE MOONS was the winner of BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY at the August 2021 Sci-Fi/Fantasy Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I’m fascinated about aliens and the vast universe that surrounds us. So I had this idea to make a small and intimate portrait about an alien invasion, then asked a few favors to a few friends and voilá.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
It was almost 3 years. The whole post production was made by an amazing brazilian VFX company called Quanta Post but just when we were working on the final touches of the film, the pandemic hit and delayed the process for a few months.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
It was the post production because we were almost finishing the film when the pandemic hit and complicated everything for everybody.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
It was very pleasant and fulfilling because the audience got pretty much everything we wanted to approach in the film, even with the contained story and set up that we put together.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
It was pretty early in my life, as soon as I started watching films like STAR WARS, BACK TO THE FUTURE, THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN, among other fantastic films.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
I believe it’s 2001: A Space Odissey. I had a very intense Kubrick phase.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are your feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
FilmFreeway is great. It has fantastic festivals and it’s pretty easy to deal with it. It’s my favourite festival platform.
9. What is your favorite meal?
That’s a tough one. Depends on the day. Right now I would say ceviche.
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I’m working on a couple of projects that I hope will see the light of day soon.