ARINA was the winner of BEST DIRECTION at the August 2021 DANCE Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
Just for pure fun, really. I work as a commercial filmmaker and try to always have side projects where I can explore different ideas and feel free creatively.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I’d say 2 months probably from the first time we recorded the interview.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
To give myself time to finish it… It’s a delicate process to make something like this, it both gives energy and drains it. But everything else, like the actual shooting and music production came together like a puzzle.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Super cool! Really, really appreciated that. Having real people commenting like that was special.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
Like 8-9 years ago when quitting my full time job to pursue something more creative and free. Filmmaking seemed like an interesting choice, not obvious at all, but interesting. And so it happened.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Probably Stalker by Tarkovsky. And Top Gun.
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
Works well and you get a good overview over costs and alternatives.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a few short film ideas but at the moment I am immersed in becoming a yoga teacher actually. And shooting commercial films.