THE SHIFT played to rave reviews at the August 2021 ANIMATION Film Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
I mainly made It because I wanted develop my animation and illustration skills.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
I started thinking, and writing the idea in the summer of 2017. But I did the majority of the work from late 2019 until now.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
Dystopia and Utopia
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
Doing almost everything on our own and to be patient and stay with the style and story over a long period of time.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Nervous, but at the same it got me motivated to develop this story further.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
I started to make stop motion Lego films in the early 2000s, so probably around that time.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Star Wars Episode I – The Phantom Menace
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
I think It’s really great to only have to set up the project once.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
I have a pitch and an outline for a longer version of The Shift. The goal would be to find a collaborator to join that project. In the meantime I want to study more illustration and animation for a little while.