CHERRY was the winner of BEST SHORT FILM at the August 2021 FEMALE Filmmakers Festival.
1. What motivated you to make this film?
. I had a good story to tell, based on a personal experience, and I wasn’t permitted to make the film as a project in my school studies. This drove us to make it completely independently.
2. From the idea to the finished product, how long did it take for you to make this short?
The idea popped into my head a month after the abortion (2 years ago), but from the first draft to the complete product it took us a year.
3. How would you describe your short film in two words!?
4. What was the biggest obstacle you faced in completing this film?
We lost half a day of shooting, it felt catastrophic.
5. What were your initial reactions when watching the audience talking about your film in the feedback video?
Thrilling and touching. This is what you make films for.
Watch the Audience FEEDBACK Video:
6. When did you realize that you wanted to make films?
When I was Twelve.
7. What film have you seen the most in your life?
8. You submitted to the festival via FilmFreeway, what are you feelings of the submission platform from a filmmaker’s perspective?
It’s wonderful, super-easy and convenient. Highly addictive.
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What is next for you? A new film?
Final-year project at film school. Next year.